12.17.2007

Still here....almost... ;)


It's been WAY too long since I last posted anything. Things have gotten crazy around here. I've been so busy with school play photos, staff party photos, family Christmas photos...I think I know exactly how Santa feels after his big night. TIRED. :D But happy. SO, how are you all doing?? Ready for the big Christmas day?!? Let's just say that at our house, there's NO quiet..NO stillness..it's just loud and full of excitement. Just the way I like it around Christmas time. Don't you love watching your kids get anxious for Santa? I LOVE that.

Today we woke up to snow. It's not the first time this year, but it's the first time it's stuck around instead of melted immediately. After taking my daughter to school, my son went to the front, got a shovel and all his snow gear on, and started shoveling the front walk. When I asked him why, he simply said, "Because I don't want you to fall, mom." And then continued on his way. Just as happy as could be with that shovel. My heart melted. It's moments like these when I am so very grateful for all those countless hours spent trying to teach my kids about being kind. You never really know if they are listening, or if they 'get it', until you see an action like this. For a few minutes..I was in awe at this little boy and his caring heart for a mother. He wanted to keep me, and his "almost here" baby brother safe. And I loved that..






Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you're well and happy. I have been checking in on your blogs, just haven't posted any comments. But I will when time allows. I love what you're coming up with..the photos are amazing...

Until next time...