4.28.2008

Something I noticed...

So..yesterday was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day. Sunny, warm, bright, just one of those days that made you smile simply because you could hear the birds singing. Seriously..it was an awesome day. I decided to go out for a walk. Camera in hand. Just me and the outdoors. As I was walking, enjoying the time by myself, my mind started wandering. I got to thinking about life. Just things in general and where I fit into all of it. It seems like life has changed so much this past year and I've gotten 'lost' in the excitement of it all. And then I saw this:



Yeah..I know..pretty insignificant. But to me, at that moment, I needed to see it. Why? Well..because for that second..I remembered that I'm still here. How weird does that sound? But really..I think I had forgotten that I am something other then a mother. I have my own dreams, and goals, and hopes and aspirations. Yes..motherhood is wonderful and amazing, but anyone who is in the middle of it can tell you that at some point, they look in the mirror and they wonder who that person looking back at them is. I think I'm at that point..or was yesterday. When I saw my shadow following my around during my walk, I have to admit..I smiled a little. Just a tiny grin when I actually remembered that yes..I am a person! What a weird thing to remember. But seriously..I needed to have that thought yesterday. So today when I woke up and looked in the mirror, I saw this:

A partial shot of 'me'. The wrinkles, the eye brows that need some work, the pores that could use some shrinking...but it's me. Imperfections and all, and for the first time in a long time..I was completely ok with that. Why? Because I'm still here...

Until next time..