11.03.2008

Once in awhile...



I've been MIA..I know. But I appreciate everyone stopping by, checking in, making sure I'm still alive, and if I have any chocolate chip cookies. (Yes, you know who you are! :D) Your kindness means the world to me, in so many ways.

This is a bit of a ...well...let's call it a 'sappy' post, shall we? There's a reason for my being absent from blogging. Several things have jumped into my life and I just have to deal with them as they come. It's been one crazy, emotional, terrifying, blessed week. I won't bore you with details, just know that life can change in an instant, and it's how you react to that change that makes all the difference. I read a quote that says:

"The only thing constant in the world is change
That's why I take life as it comes.."

I love this quote. Taking life as it's handed to you, good or bad, mostly a little bit of both. This week I was faced with something kind of scary. Don't worry..I'm not looking for sympathy, I only post this because I know we've all been there..or we will be there soon. Even though it's not over yet, and probably never will be..I have already learned the value of life. The importance of family and friends. The strength of self. And the determination to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

No matter how bad life seems to be today..it can always get worse. Tonight, hold your babies. Kiss your loved ones. Look in the mirror and remind yourself just how truly blessed you are for even the simplest things in life. (Like cookies, ice cream, fluffy pillows, and snuggly, slobbery kisses from your kids. :D)

I promise my next post won't be months down the road. (Cross my heart)

I will survive. :D (anyone else love that song??)

Until next time...