2.12.2009

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Photobucket

Happy Valentine's Day!! This is one of my favorite days. Not because of the chocolates and candy..although, those help in making it such a special day, but because this is the day I met my husband. I can't believe I've known him for 13 years. So, ok..here's a sappy little Valentine story for you. If you don't like the sappy-ness, then just skip this part. We met when I was a youngn'. Not even 20. Not even 19! We were both at college at a dance. Me. Dancing. I know. Some of you are in complete shock over ths news. But it's true. I met him at a dance. (if he knew I was telling this story, he'd tie my keyboard and hold it ransom!) When I first saw him, I just knew. I knew he was the one for me. It took him awhile to figure that out, but that's ok. I was patient. :D Anyway..we danced a few dances, went for ice cream (a man after my heart for sure. :D) and hung out pretty much every day for the next few months. *Big lovey sigh insert here*

From that day, I knew my life would never be the same. Eventually, we got married. Later had kids. We've moved numerous times. We've had our ups and downs. We've had to learn about each other and the quirky things about us. We've had to live with that, too. :D Through it all, there's never been anyone quite like him. Sometimes when I think about life and what it is, one of the greatest blessings I have is having him for a hubby. Who would love me when my breath smells bad, or when my hair is a mess, or when I bump into things in the night because I can't see worth anything? Who would love me when I make terrible dinners (which is just about every night), or when I shrink their new shirt in the dryer. (oops) Who would love me when we have cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner more then 3 days a week. (come on..I know I'm not the only one who does this. What?? I am?!?!)

So for me Valentines is more about remembering the greatest blessing in my life. My husband. It took Cupid many bad shots until he finally aimed his arrow correctly, and I'm so glad he hit my hubbo. Life would never be the same without him.

Now, it's YOUR turn. Yes, your turn. (Bet ya didn't think this would be an 'audience participation' blog post today, did ya!?) I want to hear about your Valentines. Your best one. Your worst one. The best chocolate you ever ate on Valentines.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone...

Until next time..