1.03.2011

Joygiving-Challenge #1

Photobucket

Photobucket

Challenge #1:
We can LIVE with more appreciation towards those we love when we: write a meaningful letter to someone who has helped us become the person we are today.

I know what you're thinking. "A letter? That's it?!" Yes. Simple as that. One of my favorite things is to open the mailbox and find a letter addressed to me, written by a friend or family member. It is a simple act of kindness that seriously brings a smile to my heart and changes the whole day for me. How often do we go through the day thinking about someone..but never doing anything about it? My hand is raised, I am guilty of this. Ugh!

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. When my little man was just learning how to write, his favorite word to spell was "Papa". (my dad). It seemed like everyday he wanted to write a letter to Papa. Usually, his letters were one simple word followed by a picture.

Photobucket

Papa means the world to my little guy. From his little heart, he was doing everything he knew how to do: write and draw..in hopes that his Papa would know how much he was loved.

My little man was living the best he knew how.

Can you imagine getting something like this once a week? Once a month? Simple acts of kindness shown towards others can really make a difference in a day..a week..a month..a year.

So..this first challenge is simple: Write a letter to someone who has helped you become the person you are today. I know who I'm going to write to, do you? :D If you want to join in on this challenge, here's what you need to know:

Rules:
*Have FUN. (This is not a contest. It's for fun. It's to help us take this year and LIVE a little more meaningful. Be creative, be expressive, be meaningful..LIVE
*Deadline January 24th
*When you've written your letter, let me know in the comment section. Tell me about the experience, the person you wrote to, how you hope it makes them feel..how it made you feel..
*On January 25th, my little helpers will randomly draw a name (from those of you who are participating), and you'll get a little treat from me.
*Don't do this for the 'prize'..do it for the feeling of knowing that you've brightened the day of someone important in your life.

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D
Until next time..