9.11.2007

Why it means so much...

When I woke up this morning, I was wondering what kind of mood the day would be. The anniversary of 9/11. This day has been one where I've wondered if anyone will remember, if anyone will recognize the importance, if anyone will do anything. I personally, don't know anyone who was injured or killed on that day 6 years ago, but I do know people who, in other ways, have been affected by that day.
Since September 11th, I've often asked myself what kind of world my kids will grow up in. What will their futures be like? What kind of happiness will they know? Will they know happiness? Sometimes the answer even surprises me...

So today, when I woke up, I decided to make sure that there was some degree of joy, of happiness, of anything other then sadness. This is what I came up with, the things I want them to know..

I understood that no matter what the day may be like..my children will always, in some way or another, follow in my footsteps. It's my job and responsibility to make sure that they are surrounded by love and memories that will bring a smile to their face. The world may be a scary place to grow up in..but they can find safety walking beside me..



When I look in their eyes, I want to see the world from their view. I want to see how exciting it is to be alive at such a time. I want to see that sparkle, that twinkle that says, "Life is good'' . Because...life really is good. You just have to know where to find it.

I want to let them know that miracles happen everyday...


At the end of the day, when I tuck them in at night, I want them to fall asleep dreaming of hugs and smiles and laughter. All the things kids should be dreaming about...

I want them to know how much I love this country. I am so proud to be an American and to have the freedom that I do. There is no place I'd rather be then here..

So, on this anniversary of September 11th, I wonder how many of us took a minute to remember. Maybe not remember all the bad that happened that day, but the good that happened because of it. The hidden blessings or miracles that have come because of it, as hard as that might seem. If anything, it's allowed me to open my eyes to the amazing children and husband that I have. To hold them a little longer, tickle them a little more, laugh with them a little louder..simply enjoy the life we have.

And Never Forget...

Until next time..