8.29.2008

Sun through the rain...

Have you ever had 'one of those days'? I'm pretty sure I'm having one of those weeks. :D It's just been so...ajdhfasdhfjk around here! I'll just give you an example of a few..yes..FEW..things that happened yesterday. Dinner. You know the most important meal of the day because everyone is hungry by 5 o'clock. Well, we were having Oatmeal for dinner. I know..not the most exciting choice for dinner, but one that was quick, and that I knew the kids would eat. So, I cook a big 'ol pot, ready to serve it into bowls, and what do I see?? An....wait for it.....EARWIG!!! Yes. Earwig! Why it was there, I don't know. How many more were in there, I don't want to know. How many bowls of Oatmeal did we eat before we realized it was there....don't even ask. So, then I decide to make an omelet. (yeah..I think we're going for the breakfast for dinner theme..) What happens?? The cheese is moldy, the eggs are..whatever eggs do when they're rotten, and the ham is hammy. (hmm..think I need to go shopping?) So..third try is a charm, right? We ended up with frozen waffles. Yep. Absolutely the dinner for breakfast theme. Anyway..that's just dinner. The whole week has been this way. I'm not complaining because I know there are families way worse off then this..and because at the end of the day..this is what I saw...



How could I think life isn't great when I look at these little faces? I simply cannot. Life is good.
Hope you're having a good day..regardless of if you find earwigs in your meals. :D

Until next time..