3.27.2009

Lashes...

This one moves me in so many ways. You know how as a parent, you look around your house and see a lot of clutter, messes, toys, shoes..things where they shouldn't be? I see that a lot. What I've noticed lately though, is the messy windows. I can't keep up! There's fingerprints all over them..ALL THE TIME. And then I see this...

Photobucket

Now I realize how lucky I am to have tiny hands and faces to press against the clean windows. I'll one day miss those fingerprints. I will. But what I will miss the most, is the reason behind why they are there. What you don't see in this photo is the person on the other side of the glass. Big brother and big sister are outside playing in the rain. Little brother wanted to play so much, but I wouldn't let him. So he pressed his face up against the window as close as he could get to them, all the while a little sad voice came from him. Like a little whimper. That's what you don't see. The love these kiddos have for each other. One day I'll miss those smushy marks on the windows and walls..but for today..I think I'll just enjoy it.

Happy Saturday! :D
Until next time...