4.19.2009

Walk....for life...

Photobucket

This weekend was the 5k MS Walk. A pretty big deal for me, and a first. If you were to ask me if I'd ever consider doing something like this..being this "active"... 3 years ago..I would have said NO WAY! But..um..things change, and it sure feels good. :D

Because of so many of you, family, friends, friends through photography, and friends for life..I was able to reach and EXCEED my goal and raised almost $500 dollars that will all go towards finding a cure for MS. My deepest heartfelt thanks and gratitude goes out to each of you. The words "Thank you" cannot say what I truly feel.

My hubby and daughter, along with my BFF here in town came along with me on this walk. The signifigance? They will be walking this journey with me through life. How blessed I am. And a surprise?? My parents came up and surprised us by watching the boys so we could enjoy this walk. Again..blessings in all directions. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

This is a lifelong thing for me and my family. It's full of uncertainty and absolute highs. But what I've learned in the short months MS has been a part of my life, a part of who I am, is that without it I would never be the complete me. As crazy as it sounds, I think I needed to have this in my life. I've become so much stronger, better, calmer, grateful and appreciative of so many people and things that I would have probably skipped over. I know I talk about it a lot, but trials come and go. That's just how it is in life. But it's the hands we're dealt. It's how we play the cards that matter..

Photobucket

Thank you again..
Until next time..