1.25.2011

And the winner is....

Photobucket

The first Joygiving challenge ended today!! The challenge was to write letters to people who have helped you become the person you are today. Nothing says "Thank you" like a sincere, handwritten letter. How did you all do? Did you get your letters written and sent out? How did you feel? Did you notice anything good come out of it? Did those you write to show you gratitude for your letters? Isn't it funny how a simple act can really make a huge difference?

I wrote a lot of letters. There were just so many people I wanted to thank. For a minute there, I felt like a writing machine! :D hee hee. I think the hardest part for me was..ok, I admit, I'm a cry baby. As I was writing some of these notes, my eyes did get a little misty and my heart full with memories of that special person. I'm not sure that those who got the letters felt awesome getting them..but I know I felt great thinking about them and being reminded how much these people mean to me. Overall, I'd say it was a wonderful "Christmas in January". :D

What I loved the most about this was that it gave me a chance to LIVE. As I thought about these people, I remembered moments I shared with them. Long talks, concerts, road trips, college craziness, silly texts, jokes and memories that I will carry in my heart forever. LIVE. In part, that is what this whole challenge was about. Living through a simple act of kindness. The other part? Helping someone else remember how much they are loved and how important they are to someone else. Help them LIVE also. Ahhhh..I loved it.

Photobucket

Now, just because the first challenge is done..doesn't mean you have to stop writing letters. Oh no..the fun is just beginning. :D I promised that someone would be getting a little prize for being a part of this challenge..and I don't go back on my word. There were a lot of you who signed up to do this and I am SO, SO grateful for that. I hope that this experience was a meaningful one for you with a great outcome. So to help you along in your letter writing..(aka: keep writing) I have some cute gift cards to send to you! :D The lucky person this month is:

All of you!! WHOOHOHOOO!!! That's right. It was just too hard to pick one of you, so, to those of you who joined in on the fun, be checking your mailboxes soon for a little package to arrive. :D I hope you will use them to cheer up more people in your life and pass on the feeling of Joygiving. Thank you all for participating! :D

Now..(sorry..long post, I know, but there's just too much good stuff to say!) the second Joygiving challenge is coming up soon. You don't want to miss this one. It's a great one with a purpose I hope spreads like wildfire. :D

Until next time...